Saturday 27 April 2013

I CONFESS-I AM A RAPE VICTIM










A CONFESSION :: 



YES ! I HAVE BEEN RAPED- a confession by an Indian woman ( on behalf of all the Indian woman)
The caption ! yes! A fleeting majority of you must have smirked or shrugged when your retina perceived it. Lestways the word ‘rape’- the epitome of obscenity I presume?..did catch your rapt attention ..Did it not? OMG! WTFSHEESH—are our general reactions when we hear or read about traumatizing rape headlines making way into millions. The rotten lot may also comment dignantly –‘Oh! The girl , she was one character-less woman ! ‘Talk about compassion .
I am a staunch feminist and I do not hate men.Hating would be a thing too easy to do !! Oxymoronic much they say that’Rape flattens on the minds of men like maggots on a garbage dump’...Believing in a self thinking commodity I voiceferously disagree. Real men do not rape! Those gruesome, brutal lot who prey mercilessly on the bare flesh of the fairer sex ought to be categorized under a different tagline-BEASTS or MONSTERS perhaps! And I am making this point clear because at this juncture when matters of grave concern await our attention-a petty bicker between a man and a woman is the least that we can afford.
Every 20 minutes a girl is sexually harassed in India. The fumes of anger had not settled down after the Nirbhaya Delhi Gangrape Case and lo! Behold !-sprung up another ‘Guriya’ Rape case(only to name a few)..These heart-wrenching modes of torment would have been recklessly shoved  in the statistical records if not for the death-ly apparatus-rods, candles and bottle bits  used! Such is the extent to which the girl child is subjected to injustice in our nation!
Being a woman (now) I honestly fell caged, captivated and imprisoned in my own body. 64 years of Independence and down the lane ‘fear’ in every form is what the Indian woman has acquired.It is time-HIGH TIME! That I (on behalf of every Indian woman) confess to the world(dominated by the masculine) that I too am a rape victim and I get raped every single day....and I am afraid that this cycle will perpetuate until I breathe my very last.
‘Rape embodies sexuality as the culture defines it’- Let us now give rape a broader spectrum and accepts with humility that we are all victims . Common! We are the second most populous nation in the world..Every 6th person in the world is an Indian-Talk about birth control..LOL!—we sure can appeal to alter one meaning of the Thesaurus!
Eve-teasing! Getting teased has now become a part and parcel of life for me. No! I am not a coward but how do you expect me to deal and fight back with more than 10 pigs in a single day? Sometimes harsh verbal comments tend to scar my dignity but then I console myself saying’Koi nahi hota hain ( It happens).. Is it actually supposed to happen?..Am I born just to listen to these remarks I know nothing about?
Many a times in a crowded place I find a hand struggling upto my breast or my butt without nobody witnessing it. The body touched was mine and I felt it , the guilt remains in my heart. Meekly my wounded heart whisphers a question to my conscience-‘Why are you ashamed? Shouldn’t they be ashamed who took undue advantage of your innocence?...I do not have an answer...
I walk across the street and get brutally assaulted-this time visually! Their eyes had a feast-Thanks to the tit buts of my naked flesh from here and there (wear a half sleeve Tee-your arms will serve the purpose of a buffet in India).However I try to give a stern look of disapproval-works sometimes! But mostly I am compelled to give up and look down at the ground.
Every time I travel through auto rikshaws-I catch the perverted drivers adjusting their mirrors to again catch a glimpse of my uncovered skin. Lecherous! They are!—Let alone the uncertainty of reaching my destination!
When you get raped you are sexually harassed and abused unlawfully without your permission and ultimately when the cannibals have quenched the thirst of their lust  you are dumped nude in some gutter !You loose your self esteem completely!That is the ultimate outcome!—The remarks, touches, comments, experiences mentioned above if cumulated and accurately mixed in proportion will amount to a 100 gangrapes!
So? What do we do now?-Adopt the lgal procedure and lodge an F.i.r ?Trust me  - the fat policeman with a moustache will laugh out loud at your face! Mind you ‘Justice for women does not exist in the legal system of India’. In our country Rape is the only crime where the victim becomes the accused and in reality it is she who must prove her good reputation, mental soundness, impeccable purity and sanctity! Truth is bitter.
Next? Protests!!! Revolutions!!Speaking for our undermined rights?? Hell no! You will be ‘lathi-charged’ anyways and if you are a girl the police man will not hesitate to slap you so hard that your ear will start to bleed (with reference to delhi guriya rape protests) and Lo! I am still fantasizing about justice!As of now the next time somebody asks you in a rapid fire round *ever sexually assaulted?*-Promptly reply-Yes! Obviously-I live in India you see*



TO ALL YOU MEN!



TO ALL YOU WOMEN !

An attempt to revamp my nation (L-RON Oraganization)member-Deepsikha ! 
mermaid_lady@rocketmail.com


------------------------------------------------------------------------------give your voice for a safer nation for the Indian woman!






1 comment:

  1. Really well written Deepsikha. Especially the part about men eyeing women, not as human beings, but as a way to satisfy their lustful desires. It is just SO sad that mere 4-5 year old girls aren't spared of this outrageous and detestable crime. There is no such thing as humanity here, let alone respect for women. And the government comfortably takes enough time to find a "suitable" punishment for these monsters that the suspect actually manages to find his way out of the mess and live a free life. Hope this shit ends soon and hope the country becomes safer for us women. Don't know if women can talk about their beloved country proudly if this behavior of men continues. "Incredible India" indeed.

    ReplyDelete